Thursday, July 28, 2011

Take Down: GLOCK Handguns

I always tell people... if you've seen a GLOCK, you've seen them all!

I happen to be a fan of the GLOCK family of firearms, and am a GLOCK certified armorer (this means I was, in fact, trained by GLOCK; check out GLOCK's website if you'd like to get certified yourself). What I'm showing you here isn't rocket science, though, and doesn't take any certification.

As you can tell, I'm starting you out slow and easy. The Sig and the GLOCK are some of the easiest take downs you'll come across, which is something great to consider when buying a home defense gun.

The video below is the easiest way to do it. This isn't like the Sig video. I own two GLOCK handguns, so I did the video in voice. Please ask if you don't understand, I'll do my best to assist. You can ask here or on YouTube, the choice is yours.

I'm new at this whole gun video thing, so I am still getting a hang of doing this with a camera on a tripod between me and the guns, so please be a little forgiving when watching this one. LOL!

Hope you find it helpful!


Gun info:

GLOCK 26 - 9MM "baby GLOCK" This one is outfitted with a frame lock that actually takes a key. Yes, it was factory installed by GLOCK, no I've never actually used it. The 26 can take the magazines for the 19, 17, 34, and 18 (33 rd mag). I put on no slip grip and slide decals to make holding it a little better.

GLOCK 21 SF - 45 ACP, SF stands for "slim frame." It was one of the tester guns released onto the market before they came out with Generation 4. Mine has the 1913 (picatiny) rail and ambi mag release. I also installed the extended slide stop for match shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment